The main ingredient: 1 serving of yoghurt = 240ml
1. Fruit drink – Mix sliced banana, strawberry and few ice cubes in 1 serving of yoghurt.
2. Piquant beverage – In a blender mix 1 cup of yoghurt, 1 tablespoon of dried ginger, 1 medium sized banana, 1 tablespoon of grinded cardamom, 1 spoon of honey, 1 spoon of powdered cocoa and 3 spoons of water. If the mixture is very thick add a little bit more water. Mix well for 1 minute.
3. With your yoghurt mix granola or cereal flakes. Be a rebel and try it, you might find it enjoyable rather than using milk like you do in your mundane ritual.
4. Cover your favorite waffles or pancakes with yoghurt and add sliced fruit and nuts by choice. Sounds delicious, doesn’t it?
5. Chocolate yoghurt sauce – It may sound strange but you will be surprised how scrumptious it is. Add 3 spoons of cocoa, 1 spoon of honey and 1 serving of yoghurt. The mixture may thicken and you will have a yummy pudding.
6. Salad dressing – Yoghurt is a great base for a dressing. Put the yoghurt in a blender and add a little water, while blending add olive oil to get the right consistency. In the mixture put your favorite herbs and spices as well as salt and pepper. The result is an appetizing dressing.
7. Piquant sauce – 1 tablespoon of anise, 1 tablespoon of cumin and a pinch of cayenne. Let it cool down in a refrigerator for half an hour. Serve it with chicken and vegetables.
8. Cucumber salad – In ration 2 cups of yoghurt, 1 large cucumber, sliced finely in squares, add 1 table spoon of dill. Also add salt and pepper to taste.
This is a mouthwatering salad which pairs well with barbequed chicken and lamb but if you are not a fan of meat you can eat it on its own.